Vapor blasting also called vapor honing is done much like the process of sand blasting, however the results are very different. Vapor Blasting is quickly becoming the number one choice for applications requiring the highest quality of finish. The key to Vapor Blasting is that the finish is produced through flow of water borne abrasive, giving a finer, glossy finish due to the flushing action of the water. Dry (sand) blasting will remove important marks and traits on engines and other components that add value to any restored motorcycle and wet blasting will simply clean over top of these marks without damage.
Advantages of vapor blasting over dry blasting:
- Dust free process
- Simultaneously degrease & blast clean
- Water acts as a lubricant between media & component
- Produces a 'softer' finish
- Avoids media impregnation on soft materials
- Cleans by flow of water not impact